Counselor to the Secretary, US Department of the Treasury
Meaghan is a Counselor to the Secretary United States Department of the Treasury. In this capacity, Meaghan advises the Secretary on matters of economic, domestic, and fiscal policy, and drives strategic policy coordination. In addition, Meaghan directs the agency’s work on the President’s Build America Investment Initiative, and oversees teams leading the Department’s financial inclusion, higher education finance, and retirement policy lines of work.
Immediately prior to her work at Treasury, Meaghan served at the White House as a Deputy Assistant to the President and Policy Advisor to the Chief of Staff. She previously served as the senior policy advisor to three Directors of the Office of Management and Budget, and as the Associate Director and policy lead on the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform (the Bowles-Simpson Commission).
Meaghan earned an M.P.P from Duke University in 2003 and B.A. cum laude in Government from Georgetown University in 1999.
- Deputy Assistant to the President and Policy Advisor to the Chief of Staff, The White House
- Senior Advisor, Office of Management and Budget
- Associate Director, National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform (Bowles-Simpson Commission)
- Special Assistant to the Director, Congressional Budget Office
- Senior Analyst and Specialist in Retirement Policy, Government Accountability Office
- Program Examiner, Office of Management and Budget
- Analyst, ICF Consulting